Friday, October 24, 2008

How to get kids to be nice

Last night Hubbs made some homemade ice cream and lava cakes. When he was done he went around asking everyone if they wanted any. When he got to SweetPea, this is what happened.

Hubbs: Do you want some cake and ice cream?
SweetPea: yes
Hubbs: OK (and he walked back to the kitchen.)

SweetPea: (to Mommy and MeeMaw) Dad is getting me cake and ice cream, I will be nice now

As a note, I am not sure where SweetPea got this idea from. We don't use treats or rewards for good behavior. But it made me laugh for awhile.

AS a second note, the next morning the cakes were still on the counter. I was updating our calendar when I heard something behind me. I turned around to find Bubba with a face covered in chocolate and a chocolate covered thumb. He is just like little Jack Horner. He samples everything with his thumb!

No comments:

Post a Comment